REGIONAL SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
Optelian is currently seeking highly motivated and experienced Regional Sales Account Manager to join its Sales team for the South East Region.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that we help you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Develop and execute a sales plan to deliver assigned objectives while maximizing sales bookings.
- Responsible for closely supporting existing accounts
- Responsible for establishing new accounts via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing services and products to telecom, MSO and utility and enterprise verticals.
- Identify key areas of opportunity by reviewing customers, competitors and market trends, leveraging your understanding and industry know-how and/or connections (e.g. Telcos, MSOs, Data Center, and Wireless operators).
- Responsible for tracking customer information, forecasts and reports.
- Develop and maintain prospect and customer list based on strategic marketing data and other sources for sales leads in our CRM system.
- Maintain personal relationships with targeted companies at manager, engineer and back office levels. This would include network architecture, planning, engineering and other meaningful customer personnel.
- Understand competitor products and solutions, and Optelian’ differentiators.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the optical communications networking industry and optical networking industry trends
- Up to 75% travel required within the US.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in selling optical system level solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate sales record at a high level of achievement.
- Ability to understand customer issues and map their business needs to Optelian’s solutions.
- Thorough understanding of CWDM, DWDM, ROADM and other optical networking solutions.
- Ability to assess and understand customer’s decision makers and decision processes.
- Proven ability to clearly articulate a value proposition to engineers, managers and executives.
- A self – starter with excellent time management skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Experience working with large service providers.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience) business, marketing and sales or related field of study.