The Sales Director will have 15+ years of experience in selling optical system level solutions to large carriers. He/she also has a basic knowledge of optical transport systems and applications. The Sales Director will report to the AVP, Sales for a leading Tier 1 customer account.
- Generate sales to meet or exceed objectives and support sales strategies to ensure business objectives are reached.
- Increase exposure of company's product offering through consistent customer visits, relationship building and positive attitude.
- Qualify and close new sales opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers at all levels.
- Identify, engage and co-ordinate the necessary client resources to support the account.
- Conduct one-on-one and group sales presentations.
- Understand competitor products and solutions, and Optelian’ differentiators.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the optical communications networking industry and optical networking industry trends
- Work closely with AVP, Sales to review and update both forecast and sell-through information.
- Ensure accurate sales information and forecasting in CRM.
- Up to 75% travel in the US.
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in selling optical system level solutions.
- Must be able to demonstrate sales record at a high level of achievement.
- Ability to understand customer issues and map their business needs to Optelian’s solutions.
- Capacity to thrive in a very competitive environment, and strategize to win.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to interact with many levels within an organization is key.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Driven to succeed over the competition and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and within a team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience working with large service providers.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience) business, marketing and sales or related field of study.