Optelian is looking for a senior software designer to develop and maintain current and next generation management systems. An ideal candidate will have knowledge of developing scalable and modular core java frameworks and web applications, including front end UI. Once hired, the candidate is expected to design and develop a web based management system and maintain the existing Java Swing based management software.
- Design and develop scalable and highly available SDN / EMS web based applications using web 2.0 technologies and java.
- Maintain and develop features for an existing EMS using Java Swing.
- Be part of a complete software life cycle.
- Design and develop network models and frameworks to support modular growth.
- Provide support throughout product verification cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years Software development experience.
- 5+ years Web Application development experience.
- Strong object oriented analysis, design and development and troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise in designing and developing scalable and reliable modular web applications.
- Experience in SDN technologies and knowledge of NETCONF and RESTCONF. Working knowledge of controllers such as OpenDayLight will be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge in Web development technologies.
- Experience in developing server side java frameworks.
- Experience working with Java Swing GUI.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in building and deploying micro services with RESTful APIs considered an asset.
- Knowledge in optical domain & transport protocols – DWDM, OTN, SNMP considered an asset.
- Knowledge of virtualization, Openstack and related technologies considered an asset.
- Familiarity with standards such as OpenROADM and OpenConfig considered an asset.