SENIOR NETWORK MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE DESIGNER/ARCHITECT
Optelian is looking for a senior software architect/designer to develop and maintain current and next generation management systems. An ideal candidate will have knowledge of developing scalable and modular core java frameworks. Once hired, the candidate is expected to architect, design and develop Java Swing based management software and be a core architect and contributor developing state of the art SDN based applications.
- Design, develop and maintain equipment management system for managing high speed optical networks.
- Design and develop highly available, multi-threaded management systems.
- Ownership across the entire server including GUI, middleware and database.
- Actively participate in the complete lifecycle of the application.
- Provide support throughout product verification cycle.
- Commitment to creating highly modular and self-contained modules and components.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline with at least 10-15 years of software development experience in Java.
- Proficient in designing and implementing GUI using Java Swing framework.
- Proficient in developing software that interacts with database (e.g., MySQL).
- Experience in designing and developing software for network management systems.
- Strong object oriented analysis, design and development and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to design and develop software that is flexible, maintainable and efficient.
- Strong concurrency skills and expertise in designing and developing highly multi-threaded java applications.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to a cycle of continual learning and innovation.
- Highly productive and self-motivated.
- Experience developing frameworks/libraries in core java.
- Knowledge of optical telecommunications (DWDM/OTN/SONET/Ethernet).
- Experience working with AdventNet WebNMS framework.
- Experience in SDN technologies and NETCONF/YANG.
- Other programming languages: Python, C, C++.