SENIOR NETWORK MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE DESIGNER (6 month contract)
Optelian is looking for a senior software designer to develop new features for Optelian’s current and next generation management systems. An ideal candidate will have knowledge of developing scalable and modular core java frameworks. Once hired, the candidate is expected to design and develop Java Swing based management software and contribute to developing state of the art web-based NMS/EMS management applications.
- Design and integrate new features into Optelian Shelf Manager GUI which is a Java Swing based local craft interface for Optelian equipment.
- Design and integrate new features into Java Swing based Optelian Network Manager GUI.
- Integration support to Optelian Network Manager Backend server to support new GUI features.
- Be part of a complete software life cycle.
- Provide support throughout product verification cycle.
- Highly productive and self-motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of core java experience.
- Expertise in Java Swing based GUI development.
- Strong object-oriented analysis, design and development and troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise in designing and developing scalable and reliable modular frameworks.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of SNMP protocol and MySQL database.
- Familiarity with optical domain protocols – DWDM, OTN.
- Familiarity with AdventNet (now Zoho) WebNMS framework.