Optelian is currently seeking a Technical Project Manager who will be responsible for developing and maintaining a technology project plan with our contract manufacture, to ensure the manufacturability of Optelian products. The Technical Project Manager will report to the VP, Operations. While this position is a six month term employment, there is opportunity for extension.
What makes Optelian different? You have a voice. Optelian recognizes success and wants to ensure that it helps you maximize your success both professionally and personally. Isn’t it time that you work for a company that recognizes you for what you achieve rather than just the bottom line? Join Optelian and experience the difference for yourself.
- Interfacing with contract manufacturer on a daily basis to ensure project timeline is on track.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house procurement.
- Experience with contract manufacturer – must have.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent diploma, or work experience.
- 10+ years of project management experience with broad methodology knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience with project management – must have.
- Experience with: electronics hardware development – required.
- Experience with: optical modules, mechanical packaging/chassis design – considered an asset.
- Ability to develop rapport with design and management communities to maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- Ability to coordinate information and activities among groups with differing agendas, across multi-functional areas.
- Ability to lead productive meetings through preparation, leadership, and time management.
- PMP designation an asset.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Technical Project Manager.